Thursday, March 26, 2015

Simplifying Breakfast

The girls and I do green smoothies most days of the week. Arielle likes mixed fruit and she doesn't like berries. I have developed what makes ONE SERVING for me....with blueberries (antioxidant), spinach, and lots of protein..... But it makes a mess every morning.....Brittney mentioned on Sunday that she puts all but the liquid ingredients in the freezer.....so I tried it.....

In the morning I add my liquid (almond milk), dump in one of the freezer bags and blend.  This way the spinach doesn't go bad before it's used either. LOL
 
This gives me a cup of spinach, a cup of berries, at least 25 g of protein and my omegas for the day in one quick breakfast. I find I don't get my fruits in if I don't drink a smoothie.  I miss my morning oatmeal - but this gives me much more protein. Thanks, Brittney - you've simplified my life - and I enjoyed setting up Potluck with you too. LOL
 
My Smoothie
 
1 C spinach
1 C blueberries
.75 ml DHA/EPA oil (vegan fish oil)
1 T flax seeds
1 scoop protein powder (a compromise)
1 splash vanilla
1 T almond butter
1 C Almond Milk
 
I've noticed I need a bit more liquid with all the ingredients frozen....but it's working well.  And I don't have to swallow the DHA/EPA. LOL
 
The girls like one with bananas, mixed fruit, spinach, protein, and either almond milk or orange juice.

No comments: