Sunday, January 18, 2015

Chocolate Fudge Balls (Sugarless)

These are a treat.  I ate exactly one of them - doubt I could eat two. Very rich. These are sugar free, dairy free, gluten free (I think), oil free - and delicious. Who knew sugar-free could taste this good!?

Ingredients
3/4 C pitted dates
1/2 C raw pecans (used what I had)
2 T unsweetened coco powder
2 T unsweetened coconut
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/16 tsp salt
1 handful of mini-chocolate chips, OPTIONAL

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until a fine crumble forms. If the mixture is too dry, add up to 1 T of water.

Transfer the dough to a gallon size plastic bag and SMUSH into a ball. Break off pieces of dough and "roll" - I had to SMUSH - into balls.

Store covered at room temp up to 3 days, refrigerate for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for us to 2 months.

Per fudge ball - calculated at 10 balls
Calories - 45
Fiber - 2 grams
Protein - .5 gram
Fat - 2 grams
Carbs - 8 grams
Weight Watchers Points - 1

I was pleased to find my new cookbook, Chocolate-covered Katie, has several recipes which use dates or fruit and no sugar.

Many of you know I've not had chocolate in any consistent way in years and none at all for months and months.  I've recently begun to think quite possibly God is after something new in my life - focusing not on the chocolate but sugar (even the "healthy" options).  I'm determined not to be mastered by any food. I'm off all but fruit sugar for at least six weeks. As most chocolate "treats" are loaded with either dairy or sugar most chocolate is out anyway and I've spent the time praying about what to do at the end of six weeks.  And yes, I would eat these sparingly on a  Daniel Fast. Because I don't think fasting means you have to eat cardboard - and there is no sugar or animal products in these - all plant based - but you will need to do what your conscience or the Holy Spirit impresses on YOU.

I used to be terrified of dates - now I'm thankful for the ugly things!

Choosing Joy!
©2015 D.R.G.
~Coram Deo~
Living all of life before the face of God...

No comments: