Monday, November 24, 2014

Banana Oat Bars

This recipe is from Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Eat to Live Cookbook. It is nutrient dense. It has no added sugar, oil or dairy. Therefore, it is Daniel Fast Friendly - as well as vegan. The subs I made due to what I had in hand are in ().

Ingredients:
2 C quick cooking rolled oats - not instant
1/2 C shredded coconut
1/2 C raisins or chopped dates (craisins)
1/4 C chopped walnuts (pecans)
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 C finely chopped apple (1/4 C chopped apple and 1/2 C applesauce)
2 T ground flax seeds

Directions
Preheat oven to 350*.

Mix all in a large bowl until well combined.

PRESS into a 9x9 in pan.

Bake 30 min

Cool on rack.

Cut into bars or squares when cooled.

*NOTES
I added 3 T of cocoa as I was trying to entice my family. I should leave out the dried fruit for THAT.

I find these FILLING.

For Banana Oat Spice Bars, mix in:
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp pepper

Per Serving (8): Calories 247; Protein 8g; carbs 41g; total fat 6.9g; saturated fat 2.2g; sodium 3 mg; fiber 5.9g, calcium 31 mg; iron 2.3 mg.......

Choosing Joy!
©2014 D.R.G.
~Coram Deo~
Living all of life before the face of God...

No comments: