Thursday, November 20, 2014

Banana Chocolate Cream Pie

A dessert without any guilt whatsoever - AND it's nutrient DENSE.  This is adapted from Fuhrman's Fudgesicles.
Ingredients:
4 ripe bananas
2 C cashews
6 T nonalkanized cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla


Directions:
Blend until smooth.*

Pour into crust.

Chill 2 hours.

*If you don't have a vitamix, puree the bananas first, add cocoa, vanilla and blend. Add cashews...and blend, blend, blend.

I was a bit worried it wouldn't set up.....as I didn't freeze it...but it DID.  Now - it's not a Chocolate Cream Pie....but it's sweet, sugar-free, oil-free, dairy-free....and loaded with NUTRITION.


Zander wouldn't try it.

Nolan, Arielle and Stacia had seconds - and I didn't mind if they did. LOL

Michael said it was, "alright but not Chocolate Cream Pie." He suggested some whipped cream would make it much better....and it would.

I thought it was wonderful - rich - I couldn't finish it. Putting whipped cream on it WOULD be yummy - but would negate the nutritional value of it - I'd have to limit slices if they add processed sugar and dairy. LOL

This will be Arielle and my Thanksgiving Dessert. ::grin::

Choosing Joy!
©2014 D.R.G.
~Coram Deo~
Living all of life before the face of God...

No comments: