Thursday, February 06, 2014

Steel Cut Oats (Instant Pot)

Tracy helped me adapt this recipe from the Instant Pot booklet. I make a pot and then portion the leftovers and use them throughout the week. Works well. 
can't get a good photo
INGREDIENTS
3 C water
1 C non-dairy milk
pinch of salt
1 C steel cut oats
1 T vanilla 
2 tsp cinnamon
2 T ground flax seed
1/4 C craisins or dried fruit
1-2 T of Agave Nectar or Honey

*The recipe says non dairy milk works better than dairy milk as dairy milk tends to scorch. You could skip all milk. 

DIRECTIONS
I dump it all in the pot. 

Put pot on manual and cook 3 minutes. 

When time is up, let the pressure come down and open the pot. 

Add extra fruit (banana, apple, blueberries, peaches) and pecans. Yummo 

Some add the seasonings after it cooks...I'm lazy and I'm the ONLY one in the house who eats Oats so I tend to go heavy on the cinnamon. LOL 

Choosing Joy!
©2013 D.R.G.
~Coram Deo~
Living all of life before the face of God...

No comments: