Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Secrets

To you has been given the mystery of the kingdom of God, but those who are outside get everything in parables. (Mark 4:11)

For nothing is hidden except to be revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light. (Mark 4:22)...He was explaining everything privately to His own disciples (Mark 4:34). 


Via Google Images
Why do we all love a good secret?

When you tell me a secret you communicate  you trust me; you consider us to be friends.

Have you noticed some just seem to walk closer with Jesus than the rest of us? They seem to KNOW His character, His will in a given situation...almost like they have an inside line.

I've become convinced it is essential we spend time alone with Jesus. Time in His word, in worship, in prayer, in simply sitting before Him with no words. Why? This is how we come to truly experience Him - know Him.  If  I were to publish one of Micheal's love letters from his last deployment...any of you could read the words. You would know what the words say. I, also, can read the words and know what they say. BUT I also KNOW Michael. I can hear his voice as I read the words. I can read between the lines. I know what Michael smells like and looks like. I know how the situation he is in is affecting him.  We spend time with Jesus so we can KNOW him in this way.

I don't think God hides things from us to be cruel. I think He sometimes hides things from us to motivate us to search for Him.

There are some mysteries, plans, secrets only revealed as we are in relationship with King Jesus. 

The gospels illustrate for us that disciples enjoy intimacy with the master and greater access to His thoughts and plans. 

I want to be a disciple! I want to be an ever closer follower of Jesus. 

Choosing Joy!
©2013 D.R.G.
~Coram Deo~
Living all of life before the face of God...

No comments: