Friday, April 12, 2013

Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites (Nourishing Home)


I found a variety of Raw Cookie Dough Bites at Nourishing Home.  I'm sure I'll be trying out some of her other suggestions. Check her out.


Ingredients
1/2 creamy raw almond butter (could use other nut butters)
1/4 C, plus 1 T raw honey (or agave nectar, maple syrup)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 C plus 1 T coconut flour (I used wheat)
3 T ground golden flax seed (or additional tsp or two of flour - I used the flax I had not sure what kind it was)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 C chocolate chips (or whatever - or skip) 

Directions
Mix almond butter, honey and vanilla until creamy. 

In another bowl, mix flour, flax seed and salt. 

Add the dry to the wet. Use hands to knead dough to thoroughly combine. If it's too wet add flour, if too dry and crumbly to form balls, add water. 

Scoop out T size (I used pampered chef scoop and got 18). 

These can be popped in fridge to firm up a bit and/or if you want to make truffles with them it's essential.  They would be good to make a lot ahead and freeze. The ones I made are already gone...I shared. 

I entered the recipe into the recipe calculator at Sparks People.  I wouldn't call them "nutrient dense" at 88 cal for a small ball.....but they do have 1.5g of protein and 1.2 g of fiber.  And sometimes you just need a little something something. 


Choosing Joy!
©2013 D.R.G.
~Coram Deo~
Living all of life before the face of God...

No comments: