Monday, November 19, 2012

SOFT Gingersnaps (Libby H)


Libby brought these to MOPS. I knew they had added sugar (which I limit) and weren't vegan so I passed them up; but everyone raved about them. When I needed to make cookies for PWOC to deliver to the flight line I knew I'd try these.  They are SOFT and chewy and YUMMY....and I put vegan directions below. 


INGREDIENTS: 
1C brown sugar
3/4 c shortening (get the sticks, so much easier!)
1/4c molasses
1egg
2 1/2c all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375. Beat sugar, shortening, molasses, and egg together. Add other ingredients. Roll in ball, dip top of ball in granulated sugar. Bake for 10 min.

Veganize: Rapadura replaces sugar; coconut oil replaces shortening/butter; egg replacer or flaxseed/water replaces egg. Rapadura can have a  "molasses like" flavor but that is just fine in these. 


Choosing Joy!
©2012 D.R.G.
~Coram Deo~
Living all of life before the face of God...

No comments: