Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Coconut Granola (Sonya's)


Sonya brought me some of this and it is AMAZINGLY wonderful. Keep in mind I've not had added sugar (natural or not) for over 6 weeks. LOL  I found it SWEET and CRUNCHY...and I made some tonight...  I KNOW I have about six "fantastic" granola recipes but this one is my newest favoritest. LOL 



Preheat oven to 300 degrees. 

Mix together in a large bowl.
2 C Oats
3/4 C Shredded Sweetened Coconut
1/2 C Chopped Almonds
1/3 C Pumpkin Seeds (I used Sunflower)
2 T Brown Sugar (I used Rapadura)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Sea Salt

Whisk together in a small bowl. 
1/2 C Coconut Oil (melted)
1/2 C Pure Maple syrup
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Coconut Extract

Pour wet over dry and mix together. 

Pour onto baking sheet. Bake for 30 min, stir every 10 min. 

Cool completely.

Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 month. 

Choosing Joy!
©2012 D.R.G.
~Coram Deo~
Living all of life before the face of God...

No comments: