Friday, March 13, 2009

Breakfast Cookies

{I sampled one of these at Deja's today when I picked up my produce. In keeping with my new intention to get rid of cookbooks....I am NOT writing this one down...right on to the computer it goes. ::snort::}

1 cup butter, melted
¾ cup honey
2 eggs
1 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla
½ cup buttermilk
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups whole rolled oats
1 cup raisins or chocolate chips (or dried cranberries)

Mix butter, honey, eggs, salt, cinnamon, soda, vanilla and buttermilk. Stir in flour and oats. Fold in raisins or chocolate chips. Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Allow cookies to cool 3-4 minutes on cookie sheet before removing cookies to cool on a wire rack.

Deja found these at Heavenly Homemakers...a site I immediately entered into my reader. ::snort:: Go check it out.

For more recipes check our Recipe Index (also linked in the sidebar).

Choosing Joy!
©2009 D.R.G.

3 comments:

Linda said...

this recipe looks yummy...and I think I'll borrow her butter recipe and try it...wonder if it would work in my blender instead...I don't have a food processor.

hmmmm...maybe that will be my next search on freecycle!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Let me know how it works...I don't have a food processor either and was wondering the same thing. LOL

Kathy in WA said...

Wow! This sounds delicious. I'm definitely going to try it out. I like to have buttermilk on hand as much as possible since we use it in pancakes and muffins.

P.S. I'm not at all bored with the Japan talk! :)