Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jesus

"Of Course you can help, Stacia." She'll get lots of practice at how to insert candles in the next few weeks. LOL
Photobucket
Photobucket
Our last clue and advent gift*..... This led to Christmas Crackers"...
Photobucket
Singing Happy Birthday to Jesus
Photobucket
Enjoying our Christmas Crackers at Jesus' party
Photobucket
Gifts to Jesus - things we'd been "caught" doing throughout the past month were written on slips of paper and put in this stocking. We read the slips and it was a great time of affirmation and contemplation. I left this Christmas Stocking up most the year in 2008 as a "reminder". It's been suggested that I leave it out again this year, and that we FILL IT and open it once a month on our family nights. We may do that.
Photobucket
*Advent Calendar Gifts - 6 days into this I was sick of gifts and the focus....then we did a "mental shift" and decided that Mike and I would not fill stockings this year...so this was the stocking throughout the month. The kids and Mike loved the hunts. I did too. We'll probably do this again and simply let the kids fill the stockings.

©2008 D.R.G.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis: Love the stocking of course and love the event. You are wonderful parents and hosts.

l/p Mom T

Cynthia said...

I forgot about your Jesus stocking. I LOVE that idea!

Anonymous said...

I love that you sang Happy Birthday for Jesus!

I'm wanting to make a "Happy Birthday Jesus" Cake for a potluck my bible study is having and I'm looking for inspiration...

Take Care!