Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Photobucket

At one of the first Mom's Night Outs hosted by our local homeschool support group I was given this. I knew I would want this but I wasn't quite sure what I would do with it.
Photobucket
It's been wonderful. We have a built in entertainment center. We don't have a TV. THIS was perfect. It slid right into the place of honor.
Photobucket
I load it with books we are using for school and other books on the same topic. It currently houses books on Rome for the next few weeks. The books are handy for me when we are doing couch school, and they entice the younger ones to pick up books that may not necessarily be "meant" for them. (Yes, I know the blue is a bit bright...but you rarely see the blue).
If you have a chance to get one of these - grab it. For more of my WFMW posts click here....and to read hundreds more ideas go visit Rocks in My Dryer.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea :) Great way to encourage kids to read instead of just watching tv or playing video games all the time.

Cynthia said...

I think I've seen pictures of this on your blog before. I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

I used to have one when I was a teacher. I miss it! You've found a great location for yours!

Linda said...

I never saw a hint of blue when I was there! What I want to know is how to make one!