Monday, February 25, 2008

The Perfect Homeschool Mom....

I woke up this a.m. determined to be the perfect homeschool mom. I needed to build some confidence as I'm saying a few words tonight at Mom's Night Out. If you read this before or between 7 - 9 p.m. TX time (what is that Eastern/Mountain time?), feel free to pray. Jamin says I need to FOCUS more....just what that means, I'm not sure. I plan to take a prop and focus on it. ::snort::
Anyway, I began the day with a work out. Stacia and Zander like to work out with me. As I was pulsing (lunging with my weights), STACIA dropped a weight on ZANDER'S tummy.
I went to make them a smoothie.  While I did that, the dynamic duo found a can of root beer in the depths of the pantry. I LET THEM DRINK IT! It WAS organic.
Then Zander decided to blow bubbles with his and make maps on the table - geography - who can pass that up?

As I was cleaning up soda....I heard a scream in the back yard....
What is an ARM doing in the dog kennel????
Photobucket
Ah - OK - a head too - it's only Nolan....STUCK FAST. He can't explain WHY he was in there - it seemed like a good thing to do. Another clear case of T-Poisoning.
Photobucket
Lower him GENTLY
Photobucket
Crawl out - he couldn't. I began to imagine Nolan having to drag the kennel along with him until Mike got back to town, while Jared helpfully offered to spray him down with water and someone else suggested Coconut Oil. We pried him out.
Photobucket
I remembered speech in the knick of time.
We made these Japanese dolls from our
Hands and Heart Ancient Far East history kit.Photobucket
We began work on dragon puppets.
Photobucket
We did finally start Greece. We got our reading done then Arielle and Nolan kept reading and reading...we're ahead.

Jamin is working 40 hours this week (Stock Show/Rodeo)...so he's not doing "school." Jared asked what he should do. I told him to come up with a list of things he'd like to do that he hadn't been able to do yet (they are several weeks ahead of us and are done with Greece). He came up with a great list, hands-on projects, books.....on GREECE.

I need to do something about dinner and get presentable - AND make it to MNO on time...better hop to it.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Kristine said...

LOL, sounds like a PERFECT hs kind of day!

(And those crates have screws holding the top and bottom together I think, which might come in handy if there's a next time. lol)

Yvonne said...

It's 9:00...and I said a quick prayer! I'm sure all went well! Pictures of the kennel are too funny...I'm glad the oil worked!

Anonymous said...

Sis:

prayed. You'll fine. Keep a screwdriver near by for removing the two parts of the animal crates.

Miss Mike and the girls already.

l/p

Mom t

Kelly said...

Sounds like a great HS day! How was MNO??

Nolan made me laugh and laugh. What great kids you have!

I never would have thought to get the camera. I think I overreact to situations and freak out a bit. I need to learn to relax and enjoy the ride, eh?

~Kelly

Debbie said...

Sorry, De'Etta, I'm going to the computer late, so didn't get to pray...I'll pray now that you have a good night's sleep.

I hope your meeting went well.

I love, love the pictures of Nolan. That type of antic is something that is so familiar in this house. There is definitely something different about the way boys think.

Deja said...

De'Etta, you did a GREAT job at MNO tonight sharing from your heart. You communicate in person just as well as in print (can I say a blog is print??) Thanks for being real, and helping me feel like I'm not ruining my kids.

And Nolan. In the kennel. Erik will LOVE this picture!

Angi said...

LOVE the photos of Nolan in the dog carrier. Too funny!

Jodi said...

Boys are jusy crazy, well no they're just BOYS! I was going to mention the screws on those kennels too. LOL No we've not had anyone stuck in one yet, unless they didn't tell me about it. I don't think I want to know all the things boys get up to!

Fun that you got pictures of the event!

Chris said...

So, did Nolan get that idea from the photos of Darcy stuck in the chimney?? Did you mention to him that she is THREE?? Actually this looks just like something Michael would have tried. Hide any Lye you have laying around!
smiles, Chris

Lisa in Jax said...

Don't you just hate it when you get stuck in the dog kennel?lol

Cynthia said...

Sounds like the perfect day - (LOL).

Emily said...

Oh my goodness . . I caught my self LOL at the whole dog kennel episode . . .what a hoot!