Friday, November 02, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Candy Christmas Wreaths

For a family that doesn't "do" Halloween we always look forward to Halloween. Why? In future years I'm sure it will be more about the opportunity to pass out our tracts and goodies....but typically it's because of 50% off candy and 75% off costumes. We have QUITE a collection of costumes.

We've not taken advantage of the 50% off candy for a few years - but I 'm thinking these little treats are perfect to make for hostess gifts, office gifts etc...Check em out...

I stumbled on this youtube video this a.m. - still looking for a suitable Holiday sound...::snort::

Making Candy Christmas Wreaths - be aware that I have no clue what youtube will list as follow on videos - so be careful what you click.




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great video - and I love the idea of the candy wreath.
Laura in MO

Linda said...

I made something similar - used a "hay wreath" (foam wreath works well, too), and strawberry candies (red and green wrapper). I took small straight pins and put them thru the wrappers and pinned them to the circle, being sure every space was filled.

My husband received a wreath, heart shaped, that was covered in Tootsie Rolls (my daughter chose this gift just for him, as he LOVES tootsies)...similar to this wreath as well. They used green curling ribbon instead of string...it was cute!

just variations on a theme~

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Good ideas, Linda. I never did make it out to check for sale candy - migraine. . . again.

Cynthia said...

We made some of these one year and they were a BIG HIT!

Unknown said...

That was great! I finally got blogger to let me comment! I really like the looks of this wreat, but I'm afraid I'd never have the time to do one, let alone several for gifts. I used to have time for crafts... once upon a time when I had only one child! LOL
Still, kids are definately worth giving up crafting for a few years!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.