Thursday, April 19, 2007

ALICE SPRINGS CHICKEN:

This is a clone of the dish by the same name which is served at the Outback Steakhouse.

4 chicken breasts
4 slices marbled cheddar and swiss cheese
1 cup mushroom
4 slices bacon (I left this out)
honey mustard dressing for dipping

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. On each piece of chicken, carefully layer the mushrooms first and then the bacon (position the bacon on the mushrooms so that it holds them in place).
3. Cover and bake for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove from oven, add cheese and bake for 15 minutes uncovered.
5. Serve with a side of honey mustard salad dressing for a real treat.

HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING:
1 1/2 cups real mayonaise (veganaise - no cholesterol)
1/4 cup Grey Poupon
1/2 cup honeyCombine and let sit for 2 hours or overnight. Serve with Alice Springs Chicken.

*THIS is my favorite dish at Outback (though our Outback has CUT BACK on their servings and I'm not sure I'll be going there much any longer). When I saw this on Cindy's blog, I knew I would eventually make it. ::snort:: You'll want to go to her blog to see photos...my crew tends to attack the food before I get it photographed!

I LOVE the sauce at Outback and laughed when I saw the recipe. I happened to have made my
Honey Mustard Dressing yesterday and noted that it seemed similar when I made this dressing last night. Sure enough...less mustard, more veganaise....

YUMMMM

4 comments:

Debbie said...

This sounds yummy. I'm having so much fun trying out all these new recipes!

Cynthia said...

That's one of my favorites! Glad you enjoyed it!

Renee said...

and to think that DeEtta posted the recipe before I could ask for it....mmmmmm..... we're going to have this for dinner soon

timsarmywifey said...

We love this one too but I've decided to try and make it more of a casserole next time, chop up the chicken and mix with chopped bacon and cheese,etc as the cheese and bacon tend to peel off in one fell swoop...