Saturday, March 24, 2007

Fruit Salad with Creamy Yogurt Dressing

I LOVE this dressing. I think I'll make some up and keep it in the fridge so those who like dressed up fruit can have it that way and those that like naked fruit can have it that way. Jared thinks it would be good to throw in his smoothies (really he already uses yogurt so it would be adding the cinnamon). I don't make this dressing every night, usually I just toss the fruit and we like it raw and natural. It is nice to do once in awhile and I served this tonight. I found this recipe at urban homemaker, I don't think I've EVER used the exact fruit they list....use what you have and like. What I used tonight are in (). I do use lots of fruit or the fruit drowns in the dressing - it never looks like much but it covers well.

3 bananas (2)
2 fresh apples (1 granny, 1 empire)
2 fresh pears, cored and chunked (strawberries & pineapple)
1/2 C seedless golen raisins (red seedless grapes, cantaloupe)
1/2 C broken pecan pieces

Dressing: mix together
1/2 C yogurt (used Brown Cow)
2 T honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash of salt (I never use)
naked fruit

dressed up fruit

4 comments:

Kristine said...

YUM, this looks fabulous, what a great addition to your dinner!

Lisa in Jax said...

My kids favorite is when I add sweetened whipped cream to the fruit and pineapple. I'll have to try yogurt.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

This was yummy the night I served it ...the next morning when I put it in smoothies or tried to eat it alone - it was bitter. Not sure why...could have been some fruit in it...but a warning. LOL

Lisa in Jax said...

So don't make too much. lol I can do that.