Friday, March 16, 2007

NEARLY PERFECT DAY

 (only way it could have been better would be to have the girls here)

I had shown a bit of foresight and cancelled speech today. There was no drama or weight management class for me.

Jared, Arielle, Nolan and I hung banners, put up balloons, and bows this a.m. I'll show pictures later - I'll need to blur names on uniforms and signs before posting.

Heather and Kelli came over and helped sort produce today! What a BLESSING! They stayed and passed out produce, put away tables and such. There was a bit of a mix up today...seems we have two new women today Sandra and Sandy....and I really mixed it up...but all were understanding and it worked out fine.

We ran out of house with 20 minutes to get to the airport. It's just a few minutes down the road. Josiah looked over and said, "Are you a bit excited, Mom?" YIKES I was going 65 mph and I wasn't near a freeway. I slowed down to 40 mph. I simply can't think of WORDS to describe my feelings and such...maybe tomorrow. They say a picture is worth 1,000 words - so I'll post some photos below.
Mike got to talk to the girls. I missed them terribly today. Krista had called last night with orders for me NOT to climb on top of the RV....goodness that girl knows me. She said the boys were younger and would bounce better. ::snort:: We compromised with a ladder and Jared held it. I'll show the photos of the decked out RV tomorrow or so....

Initial Michael Sighting


Cy had the camera and snapped photos....as I wrote earlier home for me is wherever this man is....
Stacia, however, is not so sure of Michael right off the bat. He is GOOD - he had a stuffed pig for her in his carry on.


A Man and His Dog...


Mike removes the last link in our homecoming chain and is home at last!

We were milling around outside, hooking up the battery and about to check out the RV, when Margie came by. What great timing. She welcomed Mike home and took a family photo for us.
We gave Mike the tour of his gift...Zander opened the control panel (right at child level as you enter) and said, "ta DAH!" Then he showed Mike the "master suite" and said, "See - we got you a bed. You can sleep here instead of in the house!" ::snort::
Mike was making phone calls to family and fell asleep. Stacia peeks over the footboard...she seemed to wonder why I was allowing this man to get into "our" bed...but she's warming up...she curious now. LOL

Mike is still on Middle Eastern time. He fell asleep while calling family....I think this means he'll finally get up early with me tomorrow morning! ::snort:: We are starting to figure out what we want to do with the next two weeks. The Air Force gives us 2 weeks of "recon" time. The first week seems to be full with briefings....but I think we are going to get away for a bit the second week. Darshia, Jamin and Mike got those AK plates installed right away on the RV. LOL

23 comments:

Cynthia said...

WHOOO HOO!!! So glad he's home safe and sound! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww, the pics are great. I am so happy for y'all!! Thanks for taking the time to post pics!!

Anonymous said...

I have been out all day and couldn't wait to check your blog to "see" the homecoming. I am in tears at the pictures and so happy for you all. Wishing the girls could have been there. What a wonderful homecoming. God is so Good. All the time!

Jen said...

Yea! So happy for you all!!!!!

Debbie said...

I have had butterflies in my stomach all day thinking about you all. What a wonderful reunion. I am all teary-eyed look at the pictures.

Thank you for taking the time to share this precious moment with us.

Welcome home, Mike!

Kathy in WA said...

Hooray! I didn't think you would have time to post today but I'm so glad you did. Wonderful pictures of Mike's homecoming! Can't wait to see more. I hope Stacia can share her mama. :)

Anonymous said...

Sis:

SO WONDERFUL to know Mike is home and you are all full of happiness. Love the foto's. I see Stacia with her (DeEtta) finger pointing. :):)

Glad I got to talk to Mike at 5pm our time or 7pm your time. He said he was SO tired.....guess he was. :):):)

OH! By the way Dad looked and sounded great tonight. A bit pale yet but with such enemia it will take time to build the blood up. Can't give him iron cause it can cause stomach problems. Sure don't need those. I really like the way the one doctor said, "4 of the ulsers are boring". Kinda says it all but the other one is the problem but is going to be brought under control.

Thanks to everyone for all your prayers. PTheraphy will start in earnest tomorrow when he gets back to Re-hab.

l.p

Kristine said...

No words for you, but thank you for sharing. I can't imagine how you all are feeling today.

Anonymous said...

I have the biggest smile on my face but tears in my eyes. I am SOOOO happy for you guys. Enjoy your time together!

I'm More Than a Number said...

oops, that was me.

Jen in Az

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord y'all are together again!! {{{G}}}
Wonderful photos.
What blessing of friends to help w/co-op and family photo.
Glad the plates are on the RV...May none of it's appliances revolt. {g}
What a wonderful day!
Joyful for all!!

Praying for your Dad's PT.

Romany said...

Happy Day!

Rejoicing with you.

And still praying for your Dad's recovery.

Dorothy

Jodi said...

Hooray! The pictures are wonderful. So happy for you. Loved Zander's comment about the bed. Little Stacia will come around I'm sure. I hope you do get the chance to get away a bit or at least have family time without business or meetings.

Diann said...

I am all teary-eyed as well, looking at the pictures. I am so happy for you all that you are back together again.

Lisa in Jax said...

I'm so happy for you all!!! Have a wonderful couple of weeks off and enjoy!!!

Blessings,

becky.onelittle said...

I just want to add my name to the list! I'm so excited for you all! I'm sure now all of your appliances will toe the line :)

Emily said...

De'Etta - as I caught up on your blog today I also started to tear up. What a wonderful family testimony you all have. You all have been troopers during these last 6 months. I am so happy that Mike has made it home safely. You must all be in cloud 9 . .. I can't imagine how happy you were to get that first homecoming hug! Blessings to you all as you enjoy the time together again as a family.

Anonymous said...

De'Etta, I am so very happy for all of you and glad that Mike is home safe and sound. Thanks for sharing your pictures. I still feel so blessed at having had the opportunity to have met you last fall before Mike left -- somehow it means more to me now to know that you are all together again.

jennifer said...

De'Etta,

The picture of you and Mike brought tears to my eyes. It just captured the moment so well.

Renee said...

DeEtta,
I'm so happy that Mike is safely home. I remember the joy when Scott came home from past deployments.

all in the family said...

Wow DeEtta,
Been waiting for a while to see these. How cool is that? Loved all of it. The pictures of the family, Zander's comments, etc. YEAH! BTW my cousin (that was in Iraq) leaves Seattle in a couple of weeks for Ft. Hood TX (Army).

Beth

all in the family said...

DeEtta,
One more thing. I had to do a double take at your family picture. You look like your brunette older girl (can't remember which one it is). You look fabulous and are doing a great job. Upon your recommendation, I bought Curves book and am reading it now. I will wait til my company leaves tomorrow, and maybe next week will start to implement it.

Have a good time with everyone,
Beth (SHS)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Thanks for all the prayers and support...

Beth - I do the calorie sensitive plan from Curves. LOL