Saturday, December 09, 2006

Curry Chicken Salad

*I typed this up for our next produce co-op newsletter (lots of fresh produce in this one). It is always a hit....and I thought I'd post it here for those who aren't on SHS or whatever. Thanks Kristine for this recipe; it's been a favorite for several years now....I served it at Bre's graduation reception. {g}


1 ½ C veganaise (mayo)
2 T lemon juice
2 ½ T soy sauce (Dr. B’s or whatever)
1 rounded T of curry
1 T dried minced onion (I always just chop up onion)
1 T chutney
3 C diced cooked chicken
1 ½ C chopped Celery
6 oz can water chestnuts, drained
2 C seedless grapes (less is fine)
1 1/2 - 2 C pineapple chunks
½ C slivered almonds, toasted (I don’t toast)

Combine veganaise, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder, onion, and chutney. Toss with remaining ingredients, except almonds. Refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with almonds.

De’s notes ~ play with it. I have never used water chestnuts or chutney in this, but everyone always asks for the recipe. This is really good in filo shells or small pie crusts for a tea. I also love it on rolls for a quick lunch.

No comments: