Wednesday, November 22, 2006

WooHOO - our first real big lap book completed - all the pages won't upload...but here's enough to figure out what we've been working on. LOL




Here is the cover - I thought this sounded fun and Nolan was game. I noticed Arielle was distracted and then nearly in tears. Turns out she is NOT an abstract gal and hated our cover....so she did a "real" picture for the back. I thought you could tell it was the Mayflower?

As you can tell, I curbed my perfectionist impulses so this would be THEIR project...



Arielle's back cover

Thoughts: I think we enjoyed this. It took a LOT more time than simply reading and narrating back. ::snort:: We didn't do a couple of the books, because I either felt they looked way to much like busy work...or they were above the writing ability of the children. We did add in a little maze that Arielle found and liked, and two pictures of our traditions, as well as the directions to Nine Men's Morris...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great work everyone did!

Happy Thanksgiving to all G's!!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

to you and yours too, Darshia.

Cynthia said...

VERY COOL! I'm glad you had fun with it. I "almost" considered doing this one this week, but we decided to clean instead >VBG>!

Debbie said...

Great job, kids! It came out very good. So, are you going to take the plunge and do a Christmas one?

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

LOL Debbie - oh yeah - we'll be doing a Christmas one...I'm debating if I want to do another packaged one - it IS nice to have the graphics...that's really the part that I like about the kits....I don't like the fill in the blank type stuff. LOL

I'd like to do either symbols of Christmas or Names of Christ....not sure which topic...and not sure if I'll use a kit or do it ourselves....

Do let me know if you find some that you like....

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

You know QB - I thought about the cleaning thing but I really don't feel like I NEED to do deep cleaning...so we didn't. LOL

Cynthia said...

I wish I could feel like I didn't need to clean.. ours wasn't "deep" cleaning... as in we didn't move any furniture or dig out any ladders for the high stuff (LOL)! You know... I've been thinking... if we moved as often as you do, I don't think I'd *EVER* do a deep clean... that would happen automatically with each move I think.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

QB - I DO deep clean at least once a year as you describe...but once it's done I don't feel a need to do it until it's "time" again. LOL

Jodi said...

This looks great! Hope you can find one you love for Christmas. once you've done a pre-made lapbook I don't think it's too hard to make up your own. Hayley wants to make one up on Hamsters.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Jodi, I'd love to see your hamster book, when Hayley is done with it!

I think it would be fairly "easy" to do a lapbook on my own...but I think finding all the graphics will be time-consuming. I'm still debating if I want to buy the Hands of a Child Christmas Symbol one for the graphics. LOL I'm hoping others will and then will give a review of it. LOL