Wednesday, November 29, 2006


TraDITION (Can you hear the music?)


Our family packs our Christmas books, music, and movies away after Christmas and unpacks them the day after Thanksgiving.


We tried to have a tradition of decorating and Handel's Messiah...but it didn't work well for us. Years ago we began to finish our decorating push by watching Jim Henson's (though he died in the middle of production) *The Muppet's Christmas Carol*. Our decorating with different this year...and we didn't watch the movie.


Tonight the youngers asked if they could watch a movie... it is hard to keep them all occupied when they are feeling "off", so I agreed. Nolan and Zander wanted to watch *The Christmas Carol* and Arielle began to cry because it is supposed to be a family movie. I explained that they could watch it now and we'd all watch it when the girls were here...but that didn't work. She said the FIRST time of the season should be a family event. She's right. We pulled out the screen after dinner and those of us who were home (Jamin, Jared, Arielle, Nolan, Zander, Stacia and I) watched the movie. We'll watch it again when the girls arrive home.


This movie is hilarious! The music is fantastic. It stays fairly close to Dickens...I know....it's MUPPETS but still...it IS good. The final line about the book is classic. I laughed, I cried and I feel contemplated...but deeper thoughts will have to wait until the kids are normal and I'm not sleep deprived.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted a comment already but it just won't show up. Anyway, I can hear the music and oh how great it sounds.

This Saturday I will be going to a Mormon church just over the freeway where they have hundreds-n-hundreds-n-hundreds of nativities displayed from all over the world together with trees and music etc.

Will let you know all about it later and who knows maybe we will have a few of ours displayed next year as it is open to the publis.

Diann said...

This is one of my favorites too! It is just cute and...Tradition!

Diann

Anonymous said...

can't wait!
~BG