Sunday, November 19, 2006

Old Fashioned Honey Pecan Pie (for Renee {G})

*Thanks to Emily for finding this recipe on the web for me. I did adjust the baking time....

1 C Honey
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 - 3 C pecans (called for 1)
pinch of nutmeg (I left it out)

Single crust for a 9 inch pie

Directions: In a saucepan bring the honey to a boil. Quickly beat the eggs into the honey. Add butter, vanilla, and nuts. Pour into the pie shell. I baked at 350* for 40 - 50 minutes (called for 325 - 20 minutes and it wasn't near done).

We LOVED this!

4 comments:

Renee said...

Thanks DeEtta...

boiling honey? That sounds scarey. I think I"ll try this sometime after THanksgiving but before Christmas in case I burn the honey.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Not scarey at all.....I heat up honey to make granola and ice cream all the time. I've never burned it. You stir and it begins to bubble you pull it off. It was YUMMY.

Stephanie said...

Why do you boil honey? Does it help the consistency when you're mixing it with something? I'm wondering if I need to start doing this for my granola...

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

It helps the other ingredients "mix" with it - near as I can figure.