Thursday, November 30, 2006

Lights on a Tree

I was going to write my OWN narrative about this - but the children did a good job. We are working on a lap book of Christmas symbols. Nolan and Arielle will each do their own. This should give them a bit more ownership of the project...it also allows Arielle to spruce her's up a bit. I'm hoping these will be books the children enjoy year after year....so they need their own. I decided they could dictate their thoughts to me and I would type them....

So - here are the thoughts on Christmas tree lights....but I want to write my own. ::snort::


Lights on a Tree - Nolan (7)

Martin Luther was walking back home.

He looked up and saw the stars.
They looked like they were dancing.
They made him worship God.

He cut a tree and went home. He
set it up in his house. He put candles
on it. The candles twinkled and
danced. His family worshipped
God too.

Lights on a Tree - Arielle (9)

Martin Luther was walking home one December night.
He looked up into sky and the stars made him worship
God for the beauty of His creation.

Then he walked under a pine tree and the stars seemed
to twinkle on the branches. He was amazed by God’s
creation.

He cut down a small pine tree. He took it inside
his house and called his family. He wanted them
to be able to see what he saw. They didn’t really
get it, so he took all the candles in the house and
put them on the tree.

When I look at Christmas tree lights it reminds me
of God’s beautiful creation and sometimes causes
me to worship too.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

They're doing well, sounds like a fun lapbook.

Anonymous said...

Really cool to read their work!