Sunday, January 15, 2006

MOOSEWOOD BROWNIES

Here you go Kelly{i}! I love these, though the younger kids think they are bitter. I'm thinking of doing them with semi-sweet chocolate or adding chips to them...or...

Moosewood Brownies
from Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Katzen

Let soften: 1/2 C butter (don't melt)

Melt 5 oz unsweetend chocolate. Let cool.

Cream the butter with 1 3/4 C brown sugar and 5 eggs. Add 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I add more). Beat in the melted, cooled chocolate and 1 C flour.

Spread into a buttered 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake @350* for 20 - 30 minutes

*additions:
chopped nuts
1 T instant coffee
1 tsp grated orange or lemon rind
1/2 tsp allspince or cinnamon
a mashed over-ripe banana

Can also add chocolate after the flour has all been blended, and partially blend it for a marble look.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh...thank you De'Etta! I cannot wait to go grocery shopping :) I need some unsweetened chocolate LOL. I only have cocoa powder. Well, at least that means I won't make them before Thursday morning weigh-in day LOL.

Thanks again :)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

BEWARE of tasting the rich, dark MELTED chocolate - ARGH....spew...spit...yuck...